Thursday, July 3, 2008

Limeade and yummy.

Pre-limeade- I squeezed a zillion limes. Or you know...10, but my wrist was sore.

Being a thrifty Scot (just one of the many ethnic groups I flexibly identify with depending on which characteristic I currently chose to justify with a poor understanding of stereotypes and genetics) I decided not to waste all that lovely zest which is now hanging out in my freezer waiting for new opportunities.

After making simple syrup, and adding seltzer, I ended up with the most delicious lime fizzy drink. Sooo good- its the first citrus juice I've drunk in two months.

This is my work garden, and the remainders of the BBQ salad mentioned in my last post. I am so excited to keep growing the garden- this weekend I am going to acquire bigger containers and hopefully some back-up flourescents so i can start transplanting the bigger plants (just look at the nasturtiums) to pots. We also planted some peas, tomatoes and a salad mix today.

No comments:

Post a Comment