Monday, October 20, 2008

Honey I Ate the Kid....

While I was on vacation the plants kept a-growing (Thanks Thuy!). The basil and thyme and sage and salad greens are all approaching regular plant size, or at least micro green-ness. The tomato shot up a bit, and I transplanted the second tomato into its own cubby with the poppies and spinach, on the theory that tomato one was winning.
Thuy's plants are also coming along as well. (Sorry for the blur- this is not my usual camera) She has mini planters with tomato, sage, spinach and nasturtium, and some peas went home with her. I think they get a little more natural light where she is.
Finally, in a horrifying ritual of paternal cannibalism, we ate the first fruit of our labor! A tiny pea pod with one tiny pea inside of it. It was damn good, albeit slightly unsatisfying split between two. I'm keeping on with a quest to increase yield- I think we're going to try sub irrigation methods next.

2 comments:

  1. You aren't going to turn into one of those people who only eats things that fall on the ground, are you? ;) Because I think that would make your life very very difficult.

    Anyway, your plants look great. Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only if it starts raining BLTs! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete