Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New Old Things

I've been thrifting recently, and of course there was also Xmas, where I obtained several delightful new kitchen gadgets. Here are a few new additions:

This is my new rolltop desk. I spotted it across three rows at the flea market, heard a hallelulah chorus. and then levitated to it by magic. They sold it to me for CHEAP and delivered it too. I also bought the basket to stow on ongoing sewing projects in. Note also my amazing new poster from my brother. I love it so. Still trying to find just the right home for it.


Thrifting also included a bunch of glass vases and bowls for succulents, so I could replant this window, which has been filled with some pretty sad houseplants for some time now. My favorite among this collection are two white bud vases (on is visible to the left)- it has an odd irregular top that looks something like a dinosaur egg being forced open.


Finally, not an old thing, but more of a new thing in an old style. I have this gorgeous new enameled cast iron oven courtesy of my parents. This is a preliminary stage of some really awesome short ribs I made a few weeks ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment