Thursday, September 11, 2008

Things I regret.

  • I truly regret that my most successful sushi making attempt was a solitary endeavor. I think a sushi party will have to happen if I ever clean the apartment enough to have guests.

  • I regret being absent from this blog for so long, as apparently Mom and Dad would prefer to follow my life remotely in picture format, and I have been chastised.

So for my folks, here are a few things I have been doing. I have been running many errands to get ready for the trip. One of those errands took me to Pasadena, where there is Yoko Ono installation of trees with wishes tied to them (reminds me of the New Year wish jar). It was pretty cool. My favorite wishes were the two tied next to each other which read, "I wish for everything/ I wish for nothing". Tres Zen. I also made a wish.


I have also been working on a baby quilt for April. While the below sketch was not in the end incorporated into the actual quilt, I can't post photos of the quilt itself until after she gets it. There is something dinosaur in the actual quilt, so I thought I'd show off some fun I had drawing dinosaurs. Hey Mom and Dad! Remember all that money you chipped in for that BA degree I got?! Look at those baby dinosaurs, look how cute they are, see how much I appreciate and utilize that expensive training! And for the record, I drew heavily on both Michelangelo's Pieta and Picasso's Blue Period for inspiration.





  • I regret not learning about sub-irrigation gardening in time to set up sub-irrigation in my planters before the trip.
Here is a photo I took a few weeks back. We have one windowbox and 2 pots, and one coffee cup.



These are photos from this week. Thuy and I transplanted the peas to a new pot with a bamboo and rubber band trellis, and I added a new window box to hold the new addition of spinach and to transplant the poppies which were living in the plastic coffee cup. The role call is as follows:

Window Box One:
Sage
Salad Mix
Thyme
Basil
Chives (the most weakly of all the plants)

Window Box Two:
Spinach (most recently planted, not yet sprouted on my desk, but sprouted at Thuy's)
California Poppies (our only non edible)

Individual Pots:
Tomato (white lightning hybrid)
Sugar Snap Peas (with trellis)
Nasturtiums





  • Finally: I either regret posting these photos during work hours, or I regret giving my boss the URL address to my blog so he can "snark" at me, as he promised to do.






2 comments:

  1. I regret not being at your house for your sushi attempt.

    I regret using "I have no garden" as an excuse for not growing veggies, instead of giving it a good college try like you have done.

    I regret not having a more interesting blog post, with pictures.

    Have a good vacation! Post pics when you get back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip -- learn lots of new recipes.
    We are very appreciative of all the things you learned in (during?) college --especially when we are the beneficiaries!
    Really, everyone needs some real skills to fall back on :-)
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete